Poha Nutritional Profile
Advantages of Poha for Diabetics
Ways to Consume Poha for Diabetes
Poha is usually eaten as a hot and yummy delicacy for breakfast. If you are tired of the routine breakfast, here are a few easy dishes that you could think of:
1. Poha Dhokla
Add ½ cup crushed poha, ½ cup semolina, 1 cup curd, 1 cup water, and 1 tsp green chili paste in a bowl. Salt and spice as per your taste. Mix them into a nice batter and cook like your usual dhokla.
2. Poha Dosa
Switch your usual rice with a cup of poha and prepare your dosa batter. This yummy dosa will make you crave for it and leave you wanting for more.
3. Tamarind Poha
Like your regular poha recipe, but instead, add a twist by mixing tamarind water and sambar powder. This tangy tamarind poha will leave a nice tingling sensation on your palette.
Best Time to Consume Poha
Risks of Overconsumption of Poha
Other Health Benefits of Poha
- Good probiotic that helps maintain gut flora
- Good source of healthy carbs
- Rich in fiber and is light on your stomach
- Easy to digest and does not cause bloating
- Low in calories and keeps you feeling full longer
Don’t Have Time To Read?
- Poha is rich in iron, healthy carbohydrates, and proteins with other essential antioxidants and vitamins.
- If you are a diabetic patient, eat poha as a part of your weekly menu plan.
- Squeeze a lemon on top of your poha to get all the iron content.
- With the Phable Care app, you can consult a specialist physician to get your queries solved and manage your blood sugar levels with ease.
Yes. Poha is rich in fiber and helps regulate your blood sugar levels without causing any sudden spikes.
Yes. Poha is less processed than rice and has more nutrients like iron, carbs, and proteins. It is light on your stomach and does not spike your blood sugar levels.
Yes. Poha is a wholesome one-pot meal that is packed with healthy carbs, proteins, iron, fiber, essential antioxidants, vitamins, and gluten-free. This balance of all nutrients makes it healthy for you.
No. Due to its fiber content, poha helps regulate your blood sugar levels.
Yes. Eating rice poha as a diabetic patient can help control your blood sugar levels and reduce the sudden spikes of sugar levels in your body.