It should be consumed in moderation, if you have diabetes. Keep reading to know about the various benefits of Sabudana and is Sabudana good for diabetes.
Sabudana: Nutritional Profile
Sabudana is considered to have a high concentration of iron, calcium, and potassium and is also high in carbohydrates. The glycemic index of Sabudana is 67, which means that clearance from the blood would take longer than normal. Sabudana, therefore, comes under the category of foods with medium to high glycemic index.
The composition of 1 cup of tapioca pearl is:
Advantages of Sabudana for Diabetes
The relevance of Sabudana with Diabetes is rare due to the high glycemic index and the high carbohydrate content in the food. But it can be consumed under controlled conditions. The advantages of Sabudana for Diabetics are:
- Promote digestive health.
- Assists in weight loss.
- Prevent constipation.
- High in fiber
Ways to Consume Sabudana
- Breakfast meals such as khichdi
- Snacks such as sabudana Vada and sabudana chiwda
- Sabudana papad
- Sabudana thalipeeth
- Sabudana pakora
- Sabudana bhel
When to Consume Sabudana?
Sabudana: Overconsumption Risks
Some of the precautions and risks that must be kept in mind while consuming. These precautions are:
- Consume only cooked sabudana.
- Consult your doctor if you have thyroid-related problems.
- Consult your doctor if you are breastfeeding.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant.
Other Health Benefits of Sabudana
- It is an instant energy source.
- It is gluten-free.
- It reduced blood pressure.
- Help have strong bones.
Don’t Have Time To Read?
- Sabudana is a high-energy, high-carbohydrate source of food.
- People with diabetes can consume sabudana in a controlled manner.
- Sabudana has various benefits, such as controlling blood pressure and is gluten-free.
Sabudana is a great gluten free source of energy, but has a high glycemic index. Therefore, it is suggested that you consume sabudana in moderation, especially if you have diabetes. If your diabetes is high and unmanaged, it is best to avoid sabudana and go for lower GI sources of carbohydrates.
Sabudana is not necessarily unhealthy, and is actually nutrient dense in calcium and phosphorus. It is healthy when eaten in controlled amounts and unhealthy when consumed in big amounts.
Sabudana is good for health when consumed in appropriate proportions. You must consult with your doctor before consuming sabudana if you suffer from health problems.