Raw mango prevents cancer, promotes good digestion and is good for the heart. But what are the benefits of eating raw mango for diabetes? Glycemic index of raw mango? Know more !!
Raw mango is a fruit rich in Vitamin C and antioxidants and can be healthy if eaten in moderation. Raw mango improves vision, lowers cancer risk, natural immunity booster and keeps the body cool during summer. But does eating raw mango benefit diabetics? What is the glycemic index of raw mango? What are the benefits of eating raw mango? Let us find out the role of this common fruit for people with diabetes.
Raw Mango: Nutritional Profile
Green mango benefits your heart function, as it contains magnesium and potassium. In addition, raw mango has catechins, anthocyanins, quercetin, kaempferol, rhamnetin, and benzoic acid.
100 grams slice of green mango contains the following nutrients:
|Vitamin C: 60%
|Vitamin B6: 5%
The unique antioxidant called mangiferin in raw mango benefits in lending balance to cholesterol, triglycerides, and fatty acid levels in your body, thereby reducing the risk of heart diseases.
Advantages of Raw Mango For Diabetes
- Raw mangoes are rich in Vitamin C, calcium, and magnesium.
- Eating raw mango helps in releasing toxins from the body.
- Glycemic index in mangoes is 51, which is best suited for diabetics.
- Raw mangoes contain fiber and antioxidants.
- keep diabetes under control by preventing blood sugar spikes.
Ways To Consume Raw Mango For Diabetes
Raw mangoes can be eaten by sprinkling some salt or pepper or may be transformed into a salad. In fact, raw mangoes consumed with yogurt or rice helps in keeping the sugar levels in the body under check.
Raw mangoes may be eaten in pickled form, where mustard seeds are one of the main ingredients. Aam panna with green mangoes is another suggested form of consuming the fruit. To improve the taste, brown sugar, black salt, and mint leaves are added in aam panna. In the northern and eastern part of India, dal with raw mangoes is a delicacy during summers.
Best Time To Consume Raw Mango For Diabetes
Consumption of raw mango before 5 pm is ideal. As the mango has a calorie content, experts feel a diabetes patient should not have green mangoes after sundown.
Risks of Over Consuming Raw Mango For Diabetes
It is best to consume raw mango in moderate quantities as they have some side effects. Overeating raw mangoes may lead to indigestion, pain in the abdomen, dysentery, and throat irritation.
Other Health Benefits of Raw Mango
- Raw mango health benefits are many. It is rich in Vitamin A and E, which enhance the hormonal system in the human body.
- Green mangoes prevent dehydration as raw mango replenishes the reserves of sodium chloride.
- Raw mango helps in curing stomach disorders such as constipation, bloating, etc.
- Raw mangoes help in detoxifying the liver and secretion of bile acid.
- Niacin present in green mangoes helps in strengthening cardiovascular health.
- The raw mango glycemic index is 51, which is at an acceptable level, and therefore does not disturb the glucose level in the blood.
Don’t Have Time To Read?
- Raw mangoes are rich in Vitamin C and have high quantities of essential nutrients.
- Raw mangoes have a unique antioxidant called mangiferin which helps in controlling cholesterol content in the blood.
- Vitamin C, antioxidants, and the fibrous quality of raw mangoes help in mitigating sugar spikes in the blood.
- Raw mangoes may be consumed in various forms like aam panna, salads, in dal, etc.
- Green mangoes enhance the hormonal system of the body, prevent dehydration, and help in detoxifying the liver.
- Use Phable Care App to consult India’s leading diabetologists, order medicines, book lab tests, integrate Accu-Chek instant and other devices to get real-time remote care from the comfort of your home. Let’s treat diabetes together.
Friendly Asked Questions
Yes, vitamin C, calcium, and magnesium present in raw mango improve the condition of the heart, lower the cholesterol levels in the body, which is beneficial to a diabetic.
Eating raw mangoes would not spike the sugar levels much as it has a low glycemic index. Raw mangoes have a glycemic index of 51, which is at an acceptable level and hence may be classified as a low GI food.
Yes, as they support healthy heart function courtesy of their high magnesium and potassium content.
Yes, raw fruits are packed with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. In a green mango, nutrition is present in ample quantities and, therefore, can surely be a part of your diet plan.
Yes, you may consume raw mango for weight loss as it boosts metabolism and helps the body to burn more calories.