Is Running Your go-to Solution For Weight Loss?
Yes! Running is considered one of the best exercises for weight loss. It is one of the easiest and the most effective ways to lose weight. For losing weight you don’t need to be a speedy or a front-of-the-pack runner. You can burn the same amount of calories by running for a longer period of time at a slow pace.
Is Running Good for Weight Loss?
Yes! Running requires different muscles to work hard together and helps burn more calories than most other exercises within a relatively short period. Hence it should top your workout list!
For losing weight, you need to achieve a calorie deficit. This cannot be done with only running. You can plan your diet in such a way that you consume fewer calories and try to burn more calories with physical activities such as running.
How Much Should You Run for Weight Loss?
One pound of fat contains 3500 calories and an average person burns around 8.5 calories in a minute. Adults who are aiming for weight loss should run for at least 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week. You can increase the time and frequency as per your need and comfort. Running for 30 minutes will help you burn around 255 calories.
How Does Running Help You Lose Weight?
Burn More Calories
Running helps you burn calories. If your goal is to lose one pound per week then you should aim at burning 500 to 100 more calories than what you consume per day. For this, make sure to plan your diet keeping your calorie intake in mind. You can use a fitness tracker that can help you track your steps and the calories burnt per day.
Aerobic exercises such as running can help in curbing your hunger. It affects the hormones that control hunger and thus reduces your desire for food.
Fat loss while running will depend on your pace, body size, and the duration for which you run. However, generally, an average-sized adult can burn about 100 calories per mile, which is equivalent to 12 grams of fat.
How to Get Started?
When you are a beginner, the first thing that you can do is to get a good pair of running shoes and comfortable workout clothes. A few other factors that you should know are:
- Initially aim only for 3 to 4 days of running a week. This gives you enough time to recover between your sessions.
- Make sure to warm up and stretch before your workout. This helps prepare your body for the run.
- At the end of your run, make sure you decrease your speed slowly and walk for the last 5 min. This will help your body to cool down.
- You can aim for 30 minutes, where the first 5 minutes will be for warming up, then 20 minutes for the run, and the last 5 minutes for cooling down.
What is the Best Time for Running to Lose Weight?
The best time to run would be in the morning. It is not only a great way to start your day but it also helps in improving your metabolism.
Don’t Have Time To Read?
- Running is an effective way to shed those extra pounds. It helps burn more calories than most of the other exercises as it requires different muscles to work hard together.
- Adults who are aiming for weight loss should run for at least 30 minutes a day, 5 times a week.
- Running works by burning more calories, reducing your appetite, and burning the stored fat.
- You can aim for 30 minutes of time, where the first 5 minutes will be for warming up, then 20 minutes for the run, and the last 5 minutes for cooling down.
- Use the Phable Care App to consult India’s leading nutritionists and dieticians to get real-time remote care from the comfort of your home. Check out our store to order healthy treats, weighing scales, fitness bands, and more! We also have a Weight Management Program which provides 360º care. Start your weight management journey with Phable.
Yes! For losing weight, aim for 30 minutes of running a day for at least 5 days a week.
Losing weight with only one workout is not possible. Along with running, you can also add other exercises such as cycling, weight lifting, or pilates to your routine. Also, make sure that you keep an eye on your calorie intake and plan your diet well.
Running is an effective way to burn belly fat. Running helps boost your metabolism and thus helps burn more calories. Thus, running regularly helps reduce belly fat.
High-intensity runs can burn more calories in a short period of time. It increases your stamina and also helps strengthen your muscles.
Initially, you can aim to run at least 3 to 4 days a week. Later you can increase it to 5 days a week.
Running is considered a fat-burning exercise. It is effective in reducing belly and thigh fat. If you are a slow runner make sure you run for a longer duration to get the desired results.
As running involves more muscles when compared to cycling, it can burn more calories than cycling. In short, running burns more calories whereas cycling builds more muscle.
It is better to avoid running every day as your body requires some time to recover after strenuous workouts. You can aim to run 5 days a week so that your body gets adequate time to rest and repair.