Apple cider vinegar has many proven health benefits, one of which is weight loss. Know how apple cider vinegar can be a part of your weight loss diet.
Apple cider vinegar has been well known for its medicinal properties for ages. Did you know that it is also an amazing ingredient for weight loss?
Yes! Apple cider vinegar is rich in minerals, vitamins and also contains traces of acetic acid. It has shown powerful results for weight loss which has made the drink more popular. Apple Cider Vinegar benefits include lowering your blood sugar and cholesterol levels.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is made from apples through a two-step fermentation process. The apples are first crushed and combined with yeast to convert the sugar into alcohol. Secondly, bacteria are added to ferment the alcohol into acetic acid. Therefore acetic acid is the main component in apple cider vinegar. It also contains water, certain minerals, and traces of other acids such as malic acid. The traditional process of making apple cider vinegar can take about 1 month.
Is Apple Cider Vinegar Good for Weight Loss?
Having apple cider vinegar before a meal can generate a feeling of fullness. This helps you consume less food, cut down on your calorie intake and promote weight loss. Apple cider vinegar contains only 3 calories per tablespoon and zero carbs. Along with a calorie deficit diet and regular exercise, apple cider vinegar can boost weight loss.[Note: Make sure not to consume apple cider vinegar without diluting it. As it is acidic, it can damage your tooth’s enamel and also cause a burning sensation in your throat.]
How is Apple Cider Vinegar Beneficial for Weight Loss?
The acetic acid in apple cider vinegar promotes weight loss in the following ways:
1. Lowers Blood Sugar Levels
Regular consumption of apple cider vinegar will help in bringing down your blood sugar levels. It helps improve the ability of the cells to absorb glucose from your blood and maintain healthy blood sugar levels. This is essential for weight loss.
2. Improves Metabolism
The better your metabolism, the more calories you burn. Apple cider vinegar improves your metabolism and thus helps burn more calories and aids in fat loss.
3. Decreases Insulin Levels
Decreased insulin levels help reduce the build-up of fat. Too much insulin in the body can cause weight gain.
4. Burns Fat
Adding apple cider vinegar to your diet can help burn fat. Studies have shown that it is highly effective in burning belly fat.
5. Suppresses Appetite
Apple cider vinegar gives you a feeling of fullness for long periods of time. It, therefore, suppresses your appetite, reducing your calorie intake. Explore apple cider vinegar products from the Phable store and get amazing discounts Know More
Ways to Consume Apple Cider Vinegar
There are a few ways to consume apple cider vinegar:
- You can use it as a salad dressing. It can be used along with olive oil and helps improve the taste of your vegetables.
- You can also use it to pickle your vegetables or simply mix it with water and drink.
Make sure that you do not consume more than 15 to 30 ml of apple cider vinegar a day. You can divide it into different doses throughout the day.
Side Effects of Apple Cider Vinegar
Before using apple cider vinegar, be aware of these side effects:
- Apple cider vinegar, when taken in doses higher than what is recommended, can have potentially harmful effects. It can cause unwanted side effects such as nausea and vomiting.
- It can cause damage to your tooth enamel and cause a burning sensation in your throat if not diluted before use.
- Apple cider vinegar is known to cause or worsen low potassium levels. This is commonly seen in those who are under treatment for high blood pressure.
- As it can alter your insulin levels, those suffering from diabetes should be cautious while opting for an apple cider vinegar diet.
Don’t Have Time To Read?
- Apple cider vinegar is made from apples through a two-step fermentation process.
- The apples are first crushed and combined with yeast to convert the sugar into alcohol. Secondly, bacteria are added to ferment the alcohol into acetic acid.
- Apple cider vinegar aids in weight loss by lowering your blood sugar levels, improving your metabolism, decreasing your insulin levels, and suppressing your appetite.
- You can consume it by adding small amounts to your salad or by mixing it with water.
- Make sure not to consume more than 15 to 30 ml of apple cider vinegar in a day and remember to have it in multiple doses.
- The side effects of overconsuming apple cider vinegar include nausea, acid reflux, and damage to the tooth enamel. Cautious usage can help prevent these unwanted side effects.
- Use the Phable Care App to consult India’s leading nutritionists and dieticians to get real-time remote care from the comfort of your home. Check out our store to order healthy treats, weighing scales, fitness bands, and more! We also have a Weight Management Program which provides 360º care. Start your weight management journey with Phable.
Friendly Asked Questions
Having apple cider vinegar first thing in the morning with some lukewarm water on an empty stomach can help in promoting weight loss and accelerating fat burn.
By consuming 15 ml of apple cider vinegar per day you can lose up to 1 to 2 kgs a week. However, for losing weight, the usage of apple cider vinegar should be clubbed with a calorie deficit diet and regular exercise.
You can drink apple cider vinegar at any time of the day. However, having it in the morning on an empty stomach is more effective for weight loss.
For weight loss, you can consume 1 to 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a day, mixed with water or with your salad.
Apple cider vinegar helps reduce your body fat percentage and thus helps reduce your belly fat. Clubbing it with a healthy diet and regular exercise can accelerate fat loss.
Those who are suffering from diabetes should avoid the usage of apple cider vinegar as it can cause variations in their insulin levels. It can also lower potassium levels causing changes in your blood pressure. Therefore, those who are hypertensive should be cautious while consuming apple cider vinegar.